Our appearance plays an important role in our daily lives. The way we look has a dramatic effect on the way we act and perceive the way people are viewing us. That’s why choosing to have facial plastic surgery can be one of the most influential decisions a person will ever make.
A facial plastic surgeon is typically a board certified surgeon who specializes in addressing surgery of the head and neck. These surgeons perform the majority of these elective facial plastic surgery procedures, and perform a wide variety of procedures. These procedures include:
* Blepharoplasty, or surgery of the eyelids. This procedure can correct droopy eyelids that can make you look older and impair your vision.
* Facial scar revision. Facial scarring is caused by a wide variety of sources, including accidents, surgery, a burn or acne. Successful facial plastic surgery can reduce the signs of some facial scars.
* Forehead lifts. Often the first signs of aging begin to appear in the brow and forehead area due to the effects of sun, wind and the pull of gravity. This facial plastic surgery procedure will tighten loose skin and remove the excess forehead wrinkling and drooping.
* Mentoplasty, or surgery of the chin. A well-defined chin can have a dramatic effect on one’s profile, and is often combined with Rhinoplasty, or surgery of the nose, to create facial balance.
* Otoplasty, or surgery of the ears. Redefining one’s ears can have a powerful effect on self-consciousness and self esteem. Both children and adults can benefit from this relatively straightforward facial plastic surgery technique.
Copyright 2006 Park Meadows Cosmetic Surgery
* Rhinoplasty, or surgery of the nose. One of the most common requests for facial plastic surgery starts with a request for the nose. Whether it’s being unhappy with the nost they were born with, aging or injury, nothing will have a greater impact on your overall appearance.
* Rhytidectomy, or surgery of the face. Aging is inevitable. As the years go by, the effects of aging begin to appear on the face and neck, including crow’s feet near the corner of the eyes, forehead lines, and folds around the chin and front neck area. Both heredity and personal habits such as sun exposure have a huge impact. Having Rhytidectomy, or a face lift, can improve not only your looks, but also your self-confidence.
* Wrinkle treatment, or botox injections. The gradual development of facial wrinkles, whether fine lines on the surface or deeper creases and folds, can be reduced by clear-cut procedures.
While results from just one facial plastic surgery procedure can have a dramatic effect on not only the way you look at yourself, but also the way you live your life, the best place to start is with more information. Visit with the staff at a reputable facial plastic surgery center and find out which procedures are right for you.